Thursday 17 January 2013

"Childhood Memories"

This piece is not available for sale.

This was a fun theme!























Size approx. 16.5” x 16.5”

This piece was constructed in response to the journal challenge “Childhood Memory”. Normally I do my journal pieces in a 12x12 format, and that’s what I started out doing. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed these extra pieces of an ‘ocean waves’ border that I had left over from another project, and they fit nearly perfectly so on they went. In most of my memories the ocean waves are in sight.

This is my brothers and I picking blackberries at our family’s favourite spot. Berry picking was an affair that went on all summer, and included anything that could be made into jam, jelly, pies, or syrup. The rainy background symbolizes our family’s determination to get outside despite the constant rainy weather. Picnic in the rain? No problem, just find a log or a bridge to hide under!

The applique is all fused and the quilting is simple outline quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment